Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Knitting and Reading

Joining in again for Ginny's yarn along.
Well, I have finished my Cascade Luna Summer T, and I really like the way it turned out.  I loved the main pattern and am looking at ways to enhance it with another insert pattern in the front, on the sleeves, or maybe something on the back.

So, off I charge into another project that I found on Ravelry! Another short sleeved sweater named, "Tangerine Twist". Except mine is not Tangerine, not that I don't love tangerine, but it doesn't like my complexion. It sort of makes me look like some pumpkins distant cousin, the one the family does NOT talk about!
  I chose a silk rayon blend made by Katia called Fanny. I cannot find it on their website anymore, and I really cannot remember where I got it. It is some of the stash that I am dwindling down.

So far the pattern has been fun, and easy, and I have enjoyed it.
As for what I am reading....believe me, you really do not want to know! ;p It is my pharmacy textbook again. Things are really starting to heat up in class, and actually being able to sit down and read anything besides work, is not happening. That is unless it is a mag, like this Vogue, that I can pick up, read for 5 minutes, and then get back to work.

That's about it for now...wishing everyone Happy Knitting/ Crocheting/ Needle-pointing/ etc. :)

Be well,
Christina

14 comments:

  1. The sweater turned out lovely! I bet you wear it again and again :) Beautiful yarn in your second project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have been trying to de-stash as much as possible. I have been waiting to use this yarn forever, and am glad I found something on Ravelry.

      Delete
  2. Your sweater is really nice! I know what you mean about school. I used to have to read things; now I just read what I'm in the mood to read. Someday you will get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am waiting for that day when I can sit down again and read something fun. Usually between classes I stack up what I want to read and go to town as fast as I can before the next classes start. It is more power reading then enjoyment!

      Delete
  3. Well you and I would get along just fine with colors. I cant where anything that makes my ahem "rosey complextion" look anymore brighter shall we say. So I hit the blues, greens, tans anything that isn't pink, red, peach or even close to them.

    With All That I Am
    Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... I hear that. It is funny how as a child you can wear anything and it always looks good!

      Delete
  4. 'Summer T' is beautiful. I've not made an article of clothing for me, yet I'm large so concerned about all that knitting and a poor fit.
    Love your squirrel picture. the Farmer has trained our squirrels to eat peanuts from his fingers.
    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my 'hens and chickens' photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is great about the squirrels! One day who knows, maybe I can get mine to do that. I have to worry about measurements as well, especially up top. It is frustrating, because I usually have to adjust as I go. This top I just started it in large and it worked out pretty well.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love the cardi! I have some Cascade Luna in my stash waiting for me to make up my mind what I want to make with it! Your next project looks lovely as well, and I love the pics of your beautiful sunflowers-enjoy!
    Blessings
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to decide what you want to use yarn for...which project? I know exactly how you feel. I buy yarn and then wait sometimes for months before I know what to do with it! Cannot wait to see what you do with your Cascade!

      Delete
  6. That sweater is gorgeous, and just perfect for summer. That just looks perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete