Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Addiction

I am a Nature-aholic. Some people are coffee-aholics. Some people are shopaholics. I have even known those who refused to move to a town without a  Krispy Kreme store,  (not mentioning any names of course).  As for me, anything that is green, in the ground, or a species other than human, ranks on my top 10 list of things which I cannot go a day without!

I have always grown things for as long as I can remember. It has always maintained a fascination within me to see seeds become something extraordinarily spectacular. The animals that surround our house are my friends and most sacred companions. They add so much to my life, just by being!

So needless to say, I feed them. Tons of seeds and breads and whatever scraps I think that they may enjoy. One of the bonuses of feeding them is that I get the unexpected surplus of their clumsiness. In particular on my squirrel feeder, which I might add never seems to have the squirrel in it,

 but plays host to numerous other species, has spurred the spilled sunflower seeds to form a beautiful addition to an otherwise empty spot.









So while I continue to feed, I can only hope that they continue to be clumsy for my benefit!

Be well,
Christina

8 comments:

  1. That is just beautiful! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah! I keep trying to remember to always bring my camera, because you never know what pic you might miss out on.

      Delete
  2. Wow love that sunflower photo!!!!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teri! I just love the way sunflowers look...they are always just so happy.

      Delete
  3. The squirrel photo is really funny! I love those funniest animal type programmes on TV. The sunflowers were a nice surprise, such a cheerful plant to have in the garden and you'll get lots of seeds for the birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those shows as well! Whoever said that animals are not like humans does not know very many animals! They all have their own personalities and quirks! I just love to watch them running around the yard after each other...cracks me up!

      Delete
  4. love your sunflowers! and funny squirrel picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little buddy is becoming a regular in our yard!

      Delete