Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Unexcused Absences

I often wonder why sometimes I go to the blogs and find that someone has completely disappeared for several weeks. Leaving questions in everyone's mind as to what happened. Was it school, or weather, an illness, or have they just taken a mental vacation?
  The day after my last post we had quite the thunderstorm here. It knocked out power, and alas..... my poor old computer. I sent it off to the Geek Squad and they have finally fixed it and it is back in place. Thank goodness because I was beginning to wonder if I would ever see her again.

So here I am again, back on the air per se. Getting ready to hit midterms full force, which is scary for any student, much less an older one, whose brain cells have been ridden hard by children, and budgets, and work. Yet I stand strong, in the prospect of getting a better career. One which actually pays enough for housing AND food in this tough economy.

Meanwhile, the dog days of summer have hit us hard; my birds, my garden, and me!


While the birds find comfort within the bath, we have been swimming in the numerous lakes here.


Cooling off with many of the local inhabitants.



My garden has had heat issues. I have never gardened in 100+ heat, and I find that many things just essentially give up in such conditions. Many plants built for the cool temps of spring do not manage to keep up the will to stand against these brutal Texas summers. I too, have found myself submitting and going inside, rather than enduring the heat of the day.

 I water everyday, but between the clay soil and the heat, my radishes have resigned!



 It is also past the sunflowers time.



However, the peppers are loving it now, as are the cucumbers.






I have more to show you, but for now I have swimmers pulling on my sleeves, ready for the visit to the lake. So, until next time, be well!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment