Wednesday, September 5, 2012

In with Ginny

Finally mid-terms are officially over, and I did AWESOME! So now I get to read (something I want to read that is...lol)  and to do some knitting as a reward! Yea.


I am knitting the Rhapsody in Blue shawl from the Early Fall Vogue issue. I am working it with a lambs wool/angora blend that I rescued and unraveled. It is a beautiful pinky peach. It is for my professor who has been so kind and inspirational to me. I wanted to give her something from the heart, and thought that this would be perfect as she is tiny, and a shawl would be perfect during those chilly fall nites at her sons baseball games. I am also starting to read the Bakers Creek book, The Heirloom Life Gardener. So far, I am loving the story of the life of these people: honest, honorable, and devoted.


I hope that all of you are also getting to read something that you want, getting to knit something fun, and getting to spend time with those you love. Whether they are skin people or fur people!

I am excited to see what all of you are up to!

Be Safe,
Christina

17 comments:

  1. the book looks really interesting.
    what a sweet gift for your professor. i love giving knitted gifts. i hope she loves it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful scarf. I agree... a sweet gift indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gift! And I love the color. I'm not usually a fan of pink but it is my daughter's favorite color & I think she is starting to rub off on me!

    I think I will add that book to my list at the library, too - it sounds interesting and I haven't read enough gardening books lately. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so love my gardening books. I read them all during the fall and winter, and dream about spring gardens. Although...this fall I am now in the South officially and I have a fall garden. Cannot wait to see what happens!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on finishing mid terms and taking time for you. Your dogs are so cute. Knit gifts are the best. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww your yorkie is adorable!! I can't wait to see your finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, been taking mid-terms for a large portion of my life. I can seriously see me still in school at 70! lol Thank you for the compliment about my pups. They are my life with my one son! Cannot imagine them not being here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the Heirloom Life Gardener for my husband for his b-day last year--they are an inspiring family, aren't they? Lovely pink shawl--what a thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are truly an inspiring family. I just love the simplicity of their lives. Thank you for the compliment. I hope it turns out nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on your mid terms! WHEW! Your shawl will be lovely when complete - your professor is one lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely yarn and I am amazed it is rescued! Lucky find :) Your little dog is so sweet wanting to be in the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not believe that I found it at GW. The very same day, I found a 100% mohair sweater as well. It is a purple-reddish color. Trying to figure out what to do with it.

      Thanks for the comment about the pups...they are truly the best little doggies ever. My little girl is the white shy one, the black and tan boy is ever so curious about everything we do. He still has puppy in him.

      Delete
  11. Yay! Congrats on your midterms! That's always a good feeling to have those out of the way. An even better feeling knowing you did great! I love the yarn you are using. What a great gift it will be!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! You are right, it is awesome once you walk out that testing door! You feel like running all the way home!

    ReplyDelete