Thursday, September 20, 2012

Weekly Bread Bash....




I started making bread in my youth, and up until recently it has only been a once a month thing. Usually Challah, cinnamon buns,  or some kind of puff pastry.   However, with the cost of "manufactured" bread rising, especially the healthy stuff, I decided to start making my own loaves weekly. My son has become quite enamored with my bread and refuses to go back to the, "store bought yuck" as he calls it. So, here I am making bread weekly, and actually, happy to do it. It is kind of relaxing, and fills me with the knowledge that we are eating healthy organic bread. I tried a new recipe from Farmgirl Fare's Blog .  It is truly wonderfully easy and has always come out delish! So, if you get a chance, and the desire, give it a shot. She has given plenty of variations so that you will never become bored.

Be well,
Christina

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow I made bread weekly and will have to try this recipe. Most people think I am weird for this but happy to know I am not alone!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to break out the bread machine, which happens when the weather is cooler. Lovely loaf of bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks wonderful. I feel intimidated by the 10 (10!) cups of flour that she uses, though... (I am more a one loaf at a time kinda girl, three cups I can manage;). I guess once you do it, it's not that bad, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds a lot worse than it is. Honestly, if I can do it, I am sure that you can as well!

      Delete
  4. I used to make all of our bread, but my family didn't always appreciate it. They liked store bought a bit better. I even made my own sour dough. I still make it occasionally, but keep thinking I want to make it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry it took so long to respond. My blog has been acting a little weird, and suddenly the posts showed up today. I love sour dough bread! I would have definitely eaten yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I just saw this. Thanks! That was sweet of you. I do still want to make some again.

      Delete