Thursday, October 4, 2012

In with Ginny...

 Well, I have started a new shawl for my professor. The one I was working on is just going to take entirely too long. So I have exchanged it for this new pattern from KnitoneCrochettoo.com It is the one in the middle done in gray tweed. It is going fast so I think that I should be able to have it done by the end of semester,,,hopefully!
I am using one of my reclaimed yarns that I found at GW again. It is a pink lambs wool and angora also. Seems to be a lot of this at GW. I have found 3 different sweaters with this same mix and almost the same color. It is beautiful, and at a  price of $3.99 for most of their sweaters, it is a steal.

As for my reading, I am studying for finals this coming month. I know it is a bit early, but I am also trying to study for the National Certification Exam. I will be glad when I can take a month or so off from studying and actually read a good book.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone is reading and knitting.

Be well,
Christina

5 comments:

  1. Hi Christina!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and for the kind comment on my toddler socks :)
    I'm loving this shawl you're working on! That's really sweet of you to make it for your professor. I have just recently heard of using reclaimed yard from goodwill sweaters... that's such a great idea! I'm in goodwill all the time; I'll have to check it out next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky professor! The yarn is beautiful. So wonderful that you've reclaimed it from sweaters. Such an affordable and satisfying way to go.

    Wishing you the best with your finals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that pattern and the yarn. What are you studying?

    I am not sure if you subscribed to the comments on my last post, so I'll answer your question about the orange flowers here. They were self sown marigolds. I planted two different heirloom kinds, and they reseeded prolifically.

    I could send you some seeds if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, look at that edging - pretty! Good luck with your exam :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color!

    ... hoping your garden is coming along nice.

    Good luck on the exam!
    ~Deanna @
    http://theheartshunger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete