Thursday, May 29, 2014

Virgil Brigman....Back on the Air!

In with Ginny....
Knitting 

Most of you movie buffs have made the connection with my title and long absence.
I could give one and twenty reasons for my time away. Everything from a lost camera, newly found, to the circumstance that is my life: Single parent of disabled child, head of house hold, full time employee, continuing student, aging parent caregiver, etc. etc. etc. blah. blah. blah. All would be correct, and none. Let's just call it what it was: Tired. Bone tired. I am sure MANY of you mothers and caregivers, both single and married, can relate. However, I never gave up my reading of the Yarn Along. It was somehow my invisible thread of connection to the "Blogosphere" world, where everyone else's  little world seemed somehow void of the daily drudge that is unique to our own.
Then, it happened.  One day I started a new stitch. One that I had seen in one of my online knitting searches. The linen stitch. Basic. Easy. Comforting. I found a beautiful $3 sweater at GW, a gorgeous red that appears to be 10 ply cotton . I freeze it, and wait patiently. I wash it, and then unravel it. It is RED. My camera may not pick up its intensity, but it is RED: Fire Engine Red. It will be a beautiful flat runner when complete, which is quite a ways away.
 I wanted to share it.
This discounted color that is just sooo RED.
I wanted to share it with the knitting family I knew.
And so, here it is, and there you are.


I will be back,
Christina


1 comment:

  1. Ooh! Love the pop of red against your very pretty purpley/blue flowers!

    ReplyDelete