Wednesday, June 4, 2014

In With Ginny......




Well, I am still working on the table runner. I have not had the time recently to devote to it as I would like, as work has been running me crazy. However, I have made a little progress, at least from what I can tell. The red I am definitely in love with.

I am also falling in love with the linen stitch. I have read that it is great for runners, towels, and dish cloths. The woven look that it creates is really pretty.


The yarn that I found, this red, has been such a pleasure to work with: soft yet it retains a high stitch definition. I have found some of my most precious yarns through recycling. I love the fact that what might have been thrown away is now being re-used. Saving the planet one yarn ball at a time!

    As for my reading for enjoyment this week; it is not really happening now. I have so many "other" things that I have to read right now for work, or for my fix-up-the-leaky-sink job, that my "enjoyment" reading has been put on hold this week.

  But there is next week...... 

Christina

5 comments:

  1. Love the red! That is a nice stitch for dishcloths. I like those to be nice and firm. Pretty stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will be trying dishcloths next!

      Delete
  2. That is going to look beautiful on your table when it's done!! I've done linen stitch before and I find it is a slower knitting process for me, might have to revisit once again and see if I like it better :) pretty header for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thanks!
      I am glad that I am not the only one who finds it to be slower process. lol
      I feel like my hands are just dragging along at times. However, I do love the look and texture of this stitch.

      Delete
  3. Hello- thanks for popping by and admiring my top.
    I love the shade of red you're using - it shows off the linen stitch perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete