Monday, January 18, 2016

The Squirrel vs. the Hawk


Here is my little buddy who comes to my feeding station everyday. 
 He is just a cutie! But who would suspect him to be a undercover superman?


Here is the hawk that comes every week to eat the other things that come to my feeding station. He is allowed to come as that is what nature is all about. The food chain is simplistic perfection.
Here is my little squirrel facing off with this hawk. He does this every time the hawk shows up; and while I worry about him. He seems to be taking care of himself and others quite well.




Although, you'd think that this hawk would be a little more aggressive, the squirrel seems to be the champion of this match off. 
A friend of mine asked me once why I allow such a creatures to come to my yard. I responded by telling her that all of natures creatures are beautiful. It is not for us to decide what species gets to live or die. We humans are an arrogant lot, don't you think?

P.S. Sorry the pictures are not the best quality, as I was taking them through our screened window.

7 comments:

  1. I welcome all creatures, like you. The squirrel and hawk are beautiful to me. I'm surprised the squirrel won!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! However, this is a confrontation that happens about once a month, and that little squirrel always ends up the winner.......so far!

      Delete
  2. The critters are the actors on the set that is your garden. It always makes me happy when a visitor stops by to entertain me and perhaps enjoy what I have done with my space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I am like you, it always entertains , and makes me smile!

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't have put money on the squirrel to win but nature has its reasons.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nature is a cruel , yet beautiful, task master! I never thought the squirrel would chase him away, but he has done it like 3 times this past year! He is one tough little cookie!

      Delete
    2. Nature is a cruel , yet beautiful, task master! I never thought the squirrel would chase him away, but he has done it like 3 times this past year! He is one tough little cookie!

      Delete